Who we are
Our website address is https://afoodable.co.za. Afoodable respects the use of your personal details and your privacy will be protected with confidence. Here at Afoodable (‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘we’), are committed to maintaining our relationship with you and it’s important that you feel comfortable using our website.
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
What information will we collect?
- Trading and Registered name of business.
- Registration number.
- VAT registration number.
- Physical address.
- Postal address.
- Delivery address for goods and invoices.
- Telephone number.
- Email address.
- Details of shareholders/members.
- Auditors/accounting officers’ name.
- Bankers details.
- Details of clients authorised representative.
- Trade references.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
By accessing or using this Site you agree to this Policy. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or delete provisions of this Policy at any time and from time to time and it will be effective as of the “Last Updated Date” referenced on this Site. Your continued use of this Site after the Last Updated Date will constitute your acceptance and agreement to such changes.
Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- respond to any query or comment received from you;
- inform you of new services;
- enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- generally to improve your experience on our website.
- Afoodable will only collect and use the personal information of our customers for purposes of normal commercial transactions e.g. the recording of use of products by our customers for supply chain purposes, the supply, delivery and invoicing of goods and other related purposes.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third-party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
If you leave a comment on our Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Non-personal information collected.
When you visit our website, with the help of our third-party authorised agents, we may collect certain anonymous information about your visit. When you browse our website, we may monitor statistics including but not limited to the number of people that visited these websites and geographical information. In addition, we may also collect information about your website behaviour, such as the date and time you accessed the website and the areas or pages of the website that you visit. We use non-personal information for internal business and marketing purposes and to help administer and improve our sites for you.
You can disable or turn off certain information that can recognize, collect and/or transmit information about your visits to this Site referred to as “cookies”. If you do not wish to have such information collected, you can disable or turn off certain cookie features on your internet browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with from our website
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Links To Other Sites
You have the right at any time to:
- rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- lodge a complaint with the company.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer: Jack Friedman who can be contacted via email at email@example.com or via telephone on (021) 552 4817.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your information. Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Complaints email: POPIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za